Perlite is a volcanic rock that has been heated and expanded to become a lightweight, white material. Perlite is sterile and pH-neutral. When added to a soil mix, perlite can improve air space and water drainage. It is a hard material that does not break apart easily. Perlite pieces create tiny air tunnels, that allow water and air to flow freely to the roots. Perlite will hold from 3 to 4 times its weight in water, yet will not become soggy. Perlite can be used instead of sand to reduce the soil mix weight.
Composted Cow Manure
Organic Composted Cow Manure to enhance the organic content of your soil. Ideal for use in garden beds, mulching around trees and shrubs, and topdressing lawns
Gardeners Gold Organic Potting Soil
Gardners Gold Organic Potting Soil is perfect for potting all outdoor and indoor container plants! Arguably the finest you have ever tried! It is perfectly suited for houseplants and all general garden planting. A rich, earthy blend made with natural and organic ingredients with a special water saving formula.
Coast of Maine
Vermiculite holds water and fertilizer in the potting mix. It also contains calcium and magnesium, and has a near-neutral pH. Vermiculite comes in different grades. Medium grade is usually used for starting seeds. A coarse grade can be used in soil mix for older plants.
- Governor Baker Reaffirms: We Are Essential
- Christmas in July sale begins July 21.
- Easter Plants available in Mid April!
- Welcome to the new pvnpaxton.com!
- Dyed Mulch- Why We Don’t Sell It
- Hydrangeas, Tulips, and Easter Lilies
- Christmas Raffle WINNER!!
- Order your Custom Wreaths and Pick out your Christmas Tree!
- Planting Season is Here!
- Open for Season! 4/7/2014